Pet Urine Removal
Pet urine removal is necessary in homes with pets as part of the family. Pet stains, including pet urine, can cause permanent damage and staining on your carpets and other surfaces. At Ronnie’s Chem-Dry, we have the answer to the pet urine problem in your home. With the renowned Chem-Dry Pet Urine Removal Treatment (PURT®) in hand, we are equipped to remove virtually any pet stain from most surfaces in Calgary and surrounding areas. Different from other domestic cleaning companies, our urine removal system doesn’t just hide the stain and the smell, it gets rid of it entirely. Animal urine is overpowering and can easily destroy carpets, upholstery, or hardwood floors. PURT can mitigate even the most severe pet stains and pet odors if you call us in time. We are ready to revive your carpet from any messes your pets leave behind, just call Ronnie’s Chem-Dry today.
What You Need to Know about Pet Urine in Your Carpet
Urine accidents delve beyond the carpeting alone; the fibers, backing of the carpet, and flooring material beneath the carpet are also affected. Frequently, without their owners knowledge, pets will continually urinate in the same general area. The odors can be overpowering and cause discomfort and sometimes harm in your home. Professional urine removal is necessary for a healthy, clean home.
The liquid evaporates as urine dries, but the urine crystals become more concentrated and the odor more pungent. A simple cleaning isn’t able to remove the smell, and, until recently, there wasn’t a product on the market effective at urine odor removal.
When P.U.R.T. contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
How P.U.R.T. Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined. A hot water rinse extracts the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst-case scenarios, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.
- If necessary, the pad is removed and replaced.
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary.
- P.U.R.T. is be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T. will react with the urine to break down the odor-causing components.